The other day I was in the mood for something a little spicy and a little sweet. After hunting through the internet, I found a recipe that seemed to suit that need with very few alterations. Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs from Justapinch.com. I wasn’t sure how they’d turn out, as I don’t usually do much glazing on my own, but both Husband and I loved them, definitely a do again recipe.
4 tsp. garlic powder
4 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
6 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. white vinegar
You’ll need: plastic bag, broiler pan, cooking spray, and basting brush
Set oven to broil.
- Combine the garlic powder, chili powder, salt, cumin, and crushed red pepper into a plastic bag.
- Add chicken, and shake bag until well coated. Optional: you can set the chicken aside for a few hours or overnight if you’d like the chicken to marinade in these spices.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 15-20 minutes.
- Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, and stir.
- Remove chicken from oven, coat with honey mixture, and replace it under the broiler for 5 minutes to brown. Watch to make sure it does not burn.
- Verify that it’s cooked through, and enjoy